[mythtv-users] Re: Guide, and DMA problems

Ben Curtis mythtv at nosolutions.com
Wed Jun 2 00:07:37 EDT 2004

> > No but you can hit the "show guide" button which defaults to 'S'.
>
> Or do what I did and remap the buttons using mythweb.

The problem with both of these is that I used to be able to hit the Guide
button on my remote (mapped to M), to bring up the guide, and to tune to
the channel.  However, if I map it to S, I can't select a channel from the
guide, and if I map it to M, I have to go through the OSD.  I also don't
want to make my "enter" button tune to channel, because then I have no way
to easily bring up the record menu.

As for the drive errors, I'm beginning to think it's my mobo's secondary
IDE controller causing the issues.  The "bad" 120 is now my system drive
on hda, the new 250 is now hdb, and the DVD Rom is on hdd (no hdc).
While reading a CDRom, I got this:

Jun  1 22:18:08 myth kernel: hdd: irq timeout: status=0xd0 { Busy }
Jun  1 22:18:08 myth kernel: hdd: irq timeout: error=0x00
Jun  1 22:18:08 myth kernel: hdd: DMA disabled
Jun  1 22:18:08 myth kernel: hdd: ATAPI reset complete

Other two drives are working flawlessly so far.

Ben