[mythtv-users] Question about transcoding to MPEG4

Nate Thompson natet at buckeye-express.com
Tue Jun 1 21:24:18 EDT 2004

I recently decided to look into automatically transcoding the MPEG2 files
captured by my PVR-250 to MPEG4 to save space. It is working, but I have
noticed that on the files that have been transcoded, I can no longer skip
commercials. Is this behavior how it is supposed to work or do I have
something setup incorrectly? If I watch a MPEG2 file that hasn't been
transcoded, the commercial skip buttons function normally.

While I love the thought of saving hard drive space, I don't think I'm
willing to sacrafice the ability to automatically skip commercials with the
touch of the button.

Nate Thompson