[mythtv-users] mythtv users in the UK - EPG

Mark mark_kendall at btinternet.com
Tue Jun 1 17:18:05 EDT 2004

> I've been using tv_grab_dvb which grabs the 8 day schedule as
> broadcast by Crystal Palace...  It works very well...
>
>   http://www.darkskiez.co.uk/dvbepg.html
>
> I basically run
>
>   ./tv_grab_dvb -d -t 60 > schedule.xml
>   tv_sort schedule.xml > schedule_sorted.xml
>   mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 2 -1 schedule_sorted.xml

Is there any special reason to run tv_sort? or is this just tidying up the
output?

(was going to ask whether you've been having problems with particular
international characters from the grabber, but just noticed a new version on
the site - with some fixes from yourself - so I'll give that a go first!)

Mark