[mythtv-users] Mythtv slackware packages.

Matthew Schumacher schu at schu.net
Tue Jun 1 16:37:10 EDT 2004

List,

I have compiled mythtv packages for slackware 9.1:

http://www.aptalaska.net/~matt.s/mythtv/

Slackware is a very simple linux that tries to be more conservative than
other distros. It does not have a fancy installer, fancy package
management, or other features. However it does not have the package
dependency headaches, seriously hacked kernel, pam, and other nonsense
found in other distros. Because of these reasons I feel that slackware
is the best distro. It features a kernel.org kernel, alsa sound drivers,
qt-3.2.1, kde-3.1.4, and XFree86 4.3.0 which makes it a very good distro
for running a mythtv system.

If you would like to try slackware download disk 1 and 2 from

http://www.slackware.com/getslack/

And use the packages on my web page.

Thanks,

schu