[mythtv-users] mythtv users in the UK - EPG

David myth at dgreaves.com
Tue Jun 1 16:15:04 EDT 2004

Nicholas Devenish wrote:

> Hi,
> How much info do you get? I can only get the program names and times
> (no descriptions or anything) - can you get more information?

Quite a bit.
I'm very happy with it :)

> I found that tv_grab_uk_rt has a -slow option, but how do I get
> mythfilldatabase to pass that to it? Will that give me more program
> details?

You can't.
It's hardcoded into myth.

You can however edit /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt

line 173, change:
$opt_slow   = 0; # default
$opt_slow   = 1; # default

Be warned.
It is *SLOW* - really.
Takes about an hour for each days worth for me. And that's on a very
high speed connection (the RT site is the limiting factor)

David