[mythtv-users] MythWeb problem in Myth 0.15 install

Steven Rubano srubano at ccap.net
Tue Jun 1 16:01:34 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I was running KnoppMyth R4V2 (running Myth .14) for a while and decided to
apt-get and upgrade to Myth .15 when XMLTV crapped out on me. After doing
the update I ran into a few very minor problems.

One problem is when I log into my Myth box over the web (to schedule
recordings) I get prompted for my username and password and I get logged in
properly..but nothing shows up on the page! If I do it locally on the same
LAN by IP address I get the same thing only I can refresh the page a few
times before the guide is displayed on screen, I never had this problem in
Myth .14 before. I did upgrade MythWeb during the apt-get, was there
anything else I should have updated like Apache maybe?

Also the second problem is I do notice some "stutter" in fast paced action
scenes that I never noticed in the .14 build. Now I heard that the Myth .15
debs for knoppmyth was built to take advantage of the R4V3 O_STREAMING
kernel patch (R4V2 doesn't have this).could this be causing the stuttering?
I posted this question on the Knoppmyth site also but figured I'd throw it
out here too to see if anyone else had any ideas. Does anyone know if I can
apt-get the O_STREAMING patched kernel for knoppmyth without risking
breaking anything?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not
this e-mail from your system. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions in the content of this message.