[mythtv-users] Dual NTSC/ATSC Setup

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Jun 1 14:31:29 EDT 2004

On Jun 1, 2004, at 07:33, Debian User wrote:

> On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 11:11:10PM -0400, Daniel Thor Kristjansson
> wrote:
>>
>> Any reason why you think you will have problems with this setup?
>
> I think it was the bit in the setup program where I had to choose
> the backend global setup "mode" to be NTSC or ATSC.  ;)

Yes, there is a global mode, but there are also per-card overrides.

> What do I choose for this setting?

In the setup util (where you define inputs, guide data sources, etc.).

> I assume adding an HDTV
> video source and connecting that to the pcHDTV is sufficient
> to tell Myth which card to use for what.

Double-check that the global mode is being overridden for the pcHDTV
card.

> Now of course I
> don't know how to go about specifying an over-the-air HDTV
> source as my video sources list doesn't seem to include
> anything like that.

You basically pull down the corresponding non-HDTV guide data, then
edit the frequency tables. At least that used to be what you had to do,
I haven't played with my pcHDTV card in ages...

>> I'm using a PVR-250 & pcHDTV.
>
> Good to know it's possible!  Thanks!
>
> Now the next question: do we have support yet for mode switching
> of capture cards, allowing the pcHDTV to capture ATSC or NTSC?

No, I don't believe so.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...