[mythtv-users] Myth Next Step - Actually running it :-)

Russ bigrig64 at comcast.net
Sat Jul 31 16:07:22 EDT 2004

David wrote:

> In this case all I did was cut'n'paste your error into google and hit
> this link http://forums.devarticles.com/archive/t-4635

I read this link and I tried the fix:

russ at linux:~> su
Password:
linux:/home/russ # chown -R mysql /var/lib/mysql/*
chown: failed to get attributes of `/var/lib/mysql/*': No such file or
directory
linux:/home/russ #

Apparently I need to create mysql.sock first eh? BTW the directory does
exist, the file does not.

I would appreciate some helpfull hints that I can try later. For now I
have to take off and help a friend with his computer (WinME).

Anyway, thanks for any help
Russ