[mythtv-users] 2.6.3-7 sds kernel and LVM2 for mythtv

Mark Maas mark at menem.mine.nu
Sat Jul 31 13:27:17 EDT 2004

Hello all,

I've been using the recommended kernel-sds 2.6.3-7 kernel with built-in
ivtv modules.

Now i'm trying to install lvm2 to get two 200GB drives to work as one
for mythtv.
So I installed lvm2, but when the system reboot's it does not go beyond
the vgscan section of the boot-process.
I have to go into single-user mode to disable the lvm section in the
rc.sysinit file. Then the system boots up fine again. I've tried the
approaches on:
<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?s=&forumid=47&threadid=185074>

But to no avail...

Also, a vgscan command run from the console just sits there. Nothing else.

Anyone know a possible plan of attack?

Thanks,
Mark