[mythtv-users] OT: IR LED testing...

Dan Morphis dan at milkcarton.com
Fri Jul 30 13:35:17 EDT 2004

Dex West wrote:

> --- Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
>> -Chris
>>
>> PS.  If anyone has working circuit board plans for the more
>> complex, amplified circuit (not just the diagram), please let me
>> know, since I'd eventually like to build one and I can't seem to
>> find one on the lirc website.

I've got Enrique Vidal's circuit working
(http://www.lirc.org/improved_transmitter.html).  Works great.  The only
problem I had is I had to put a resister in before the ir led as I kept
burning them up.  I think I put in like a 500 ohm.  If you want NTE part
numbers I can get them for you.  I used 1n4148's for all 4 diodes in
that circuit.  I'd prefer not to (mainly because its a pain to get it
back together, and the circuit is a mess), but I can take a picture of
the top side of the circuit if you want.  The bottom side will be
impossible as it's held down with about 2 glue sticks worth of glue :-)

-dan