[mythtv-users] backend 4x pvr250 MB advice

Adrian Phillips adrianp at broadpark.no
Fri Jul 30 06:13:19 EDT 2004

    Steven> Hi, I'm trying to set-up a backend with 4 PVR250 cards
    Steven> (will be serving 7 diskless frontends). Anybody out there
    Steven> with such a configuration? Any ideas what motherboard
    Steven> features would be needed for this (4 PCI slots, I know
    Steven> :-). Anything else I should look out for?

Chris Kennedy (of ivtv hacking fame) has a box with 4 x 350s but with
gigabit NFS and he noted on the ivtv list in the last 24 hours that
using local disks might give problems (DMA). Not that it can't
presumably be done with a powerful enough box.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/