[mythtv-users] Re: Re: State of IvyTV Fedora Core 2 Support?

Joe . japher at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 30 04:27:20 EDT 2004

>>Hmmmm...it definitely works.
>>
>Yup, works for me too.
>
>>I was able to get it working on Fedora Core 2 w/
>>the stock Fedora kernel.
>>
>I started with a vanilla kernel.org 2.6.7 though.

yeah, i started with this kernel too. i then tried to install the latest cvs
of ivtv, but got loads of warnings and one error (something about `lock'?).
so, then i altered my apt config to show at-bleeding packages, and got the
lates fc2 ivtv-experimental package from atrpms. i got (i think) 2.6.7-1.494
(it was the highest number, so i got it. besides, there was no package
called just 2.6.7), and this wanted to install the 2.6.7-1.494 kernel too,
so i did that. then, after re compiliing my nvidia drivers for this new
kernel, tried modprobing the stuff in jarod's guide, but my ivtv module just
would not load (like i say, dmesg was reporting something about tveeprom
failed to load, but then if i tried doing 'modprobe tveeprom' first dmesg
reported nothing and there where no errors, so i would try modprobe ivtv
again, and the same tveeprom error was there).

>>I'll say that so far it isn't as stable as FC1 though.

i've now got a fresh install of fc1 (this time using kde too, exactly like
the guide) so i'm planning to follow jarod's guide absolutely to the letter
and hopefully this'll work.  after reading up on things for weeks i
SERIOUSLY cannot wait to get this all working. but then at least pissing
about in linux for hours is learnding me stuff :)