[mythtv-users] Machine Lockups

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Fri Jul 30 01:02:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 11:03:44PM -0400, Tim Tait wrote:
> Turning off the "CPU Disconnect" solved it for me. The windows drivers
> handle the disconnect condition diffrently. Supposedly 2.4.27 will also

Disabling APIC (in both the BIOS and the kernel) can also solve hard
lockups with nforce2 boards.  My A7N8X Deluxe used to be plagued by
this.  Recent kernels fix this problem too.  FWIW, I still run with
CPU disconnect off because enabling it results in an annoying, high
pitched whine on the sound output.

David
--
David Engel