[mythtv-users] Machine Lockups

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Thu Jul 29 21:13:40 EDT 2004

I have been having hard lockups for a month now. I have not been able to
track it down either. Running two 250;s on an Athlon 2400, 256megs ram,
2174 kernel. It locks up once a day or every few days. Last night and
tonight it locked up right at 9pm. Yesterday it was not recording
anything at the time. Tonight it had just started to record a show when
it locked up. I caught it because I was watching a recording on my
frontend and it froze. I reset the backend and it started working for a
minute then froze again. I have not seen anything in the logs until
tonight when it had some ivtv firmware download errors (about 20 of
them) before the lockup. When it locks, I cannot access it at all,
trying to ssh into the backend gives me no route to host. I am using the
latest cvs version and ivtv 1.09

- James