[mythtv-users] PCI Serial card and second Hauppauge card.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 29 20:16:22 EDT 2004

Richie Crews wrote:

> 1) If I add the second capture card my current Hauppauge’s audio out
> pipes into the audio in of my sound card. Is this necessary if I am
> not using the TV-out function on the Hauppauge card?

The audio output of the PVR-350 is *only* used when using the PVR-350's
decoder (which can only output via the PVR-350's TV out). Therefore, if
you're using a different video card for TV out, there's no reason to
connect the PVR-350's audio out to the sound card. I don't even have the
"bundle o' cables" attached to my PVR-350--just S-Video and audio in on
the PVR-350, audio out on my sound card, and TV out on my graphics card.

Mike