[mythtv-users] Stuck on a specific channel for 3 days and no way to change!

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 29 17:27:20 EDT 2004

Coume - MythTVtalk.com wrote:

>I am stuck on a specific channel, and I can't change the channel.
>
>I rebooted several times the backend, then I must have tried to re-use mythsetup at least 10 times...
>I tried to delete the channels, the PVR config etc... either from the DB or at the beginning of mythsetup
>
>I also tried changing channel names as mentionned in an old msg on the ml from 2003.. nothing works...

So how about some diagnostic information?  What inputs are you using
(S-Video or Composite with an external tuner, an internal tuner)?  If
you have an external tuner, did you verify that you can change channels
outside of Myth?  If using an external tuner, how are you changing
channels (serial connection to a cable/DirecTV receiver, LIRC
transmitter)?  If using LIRC, which transmitter are you using (homebrew,
commercial (and, if so, which one))?  How many inputs do you have?  If
you have multiple, through which input is the channel you're stuck on
available?  If you have multiple, are they on the same card or do you
have multiple cards?  If you have multiple cards/inputs, have you tried
changing channels on another card/input?  Which message on the mailing
list recommended changing channel names (and what were the specific
instructions provided)?  Did you restore the database or rerun setup and
delete the channels after changing channel names (since that didn't seem
to help, it's important to make sure they're correct again)?  ...

Since I'm pretty sure I've seen you on the ivtv list, I'm guessing
you're using a PVR-x50 (and probably with Chris Kennedy's ck patches).
If so, which version?  (Some of his patches broke channel changing in Myth.)

Note that not necessarily all this information is relevant, but
depending on your configuration, some of it is.  In other words, since
there are many pieces of software and hardware (both internal and
external) involved in a typical Myth installation, tracking the failure
down to some specific piece will help others recommend solutions (and,
even better, may cause you to discover the solution on your own).

Mike