[mythtv-users] Setting up a pvr250 and a bttv capture card

Vidal vidal at lanwantech.net
Thu Jul 29 11:12:27 EDT 2004

Modules.conf is below....

#pvr-250
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv tuner=39    # type=39
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
add below ivtv msp3400 saa7115 tuner
#bttv
alias char-major-81-1 bttv
options bttv card=78 tuner=17 radio=1

I was able to find a work around late last night.  I noticed that after
booting,  lsmod only showed modules for the bttv card.  So I typed the
following...

rmmod bttv
modprobe ivtv
modprobe bttv

Everything loads up correctly and both cards work in Mythtv.  Any
thoughts as why I am having to do this?