[mythtv-users] Dual PVR250s + NFS = dropped frames

Matt Perry cwd at unshift.net
Tue Jul 27 22:34:12 EDT 2004

Hi,

I currently have 2 PVR-250s in my backend (P3 1GHz, 320MB ram, 27GB disk)
and access all my Myth stuff via NFS mounts.

I increased the NFS block size to 64k, but when I try to record two shows
at once, I still get a pretty significant amount of dropped frames.

# cat /etc/fstab | grep mythtv
stratosphere.internal.unshift.net:/var/local/mythtv /var/local/mythtv nfs
rsize=65536,wsize=65536,soft,nfsvers=3 0 0

I really can't figure out how to solve this problem, except for some sort
of rip/rsync type of hack.

I'm also looking into channel bonding on both machines, to effectively get
200Mbit worth of bandwidth.  I'd consider moving to Gigabit, except that
requires all sorts of new and expensive equipment...

Anyhow, just wondering if anyone's run into this problem, or even if
someone who hasn't cares to chime in.

Thanks in advance,
     - Matt