[mythtv-users] Choices

Andy Graham andy at thegrahams.info
Tue Jul 27 19:00:54 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I am quite new to this list, as I am currently looking to build a PVR to use
with my Sky Digital system in the UK.  I am unsure how to proceed, I already
have the following hardware ready for use:

Powermagic ATI Radeon 7500 with DVI/TV Out
Hauppauge PVR-350
Teac DVD Writer

I have a few choices for my other components and I would like people's thoughts
on them, my prorities are to keep the unit small and as quiet as possible, but I
also want as good picture quality as possible:

1.  A Biostar IDEQ 200V, with Athlon 2600+/512MB RAM

2.  A MicroATX Case e.g. Chenbro Hornet, with mATX motherboard (suggestions
please? should I try to get TV-out on this or just use the Radeon?)

3.  A Pundit/Pundit-R

4. Other suggestions most welcome.

Thanks in advance for any help you may give.

Cheers,
Andy.