[mythtv-users] Chaning mythtv user password

John Sturgeon john at sturgeonfamily.com
Tue Jul 27 17:35:34 EDT 2004

Mitko Haralanov wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:15:51 -0700
>John Sturgeon <john at sturgeonfamily.com> wrote:
>

>>Nothing should break if you change your account password.  You should
>>not hardcode your password anywhere.
>>

>I am not sure how to avoid "hardcoding" the password in the auto-login
>setup, but from your comment, I gather that  there is nothing in the
>usual MythTV setup that hardcodes the password?

Correct.  Mythtv does not use your account password.  Think of it this
way.  If you didn't tell it your password, then it doesn't know it.

You're auto login should not use your password either.  Consult Jarod's
guide, specifically the section on autostarting myth:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#auto

--
John Sturgeon <><