[mythtv-users] Installed PVR-250

Graham, Douglas J djgrah at solutia.com
Tue Jul 27 11:09:28 EDT 2004

Russ,
Have a look at Section 11 of Jarod's guide for Myth TV setup. This will explain what the test should achieve and how to perform it.
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php

Doug

Op di 27-07-2004, om 04:22 schreef Russ:
> Will Dormann wrote:
>
> > Russ wrote:
> >
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I just installed the PVR-250. It seems to be configured but when I
> >> run KWinTV I get nothing. I want to make sure the thing works before
> >> I go through the steps to install MythTV. I am running SuSE 9.0. Can
> >> anyone give me a little hand? Any ideas?
> >>
> > KWinTV is probably expecting YUV and the PVR-250 is providing MPEG2.
> > Try the cat test and if that works, proceed. cat /dev/video0 >
> > /tmp/test.mpg
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, however, my apologies, but I do not
> understand exactly what you are suggesting I do. I gather that 'YUV' is
> some form of file that KWinTV is looking for but what is the 'cat test'
> and how do I do it?
>
> Thanks
> Russ

Have a look at the ivtv faq http://ivtv.sourceforge.net/tiki/tiki-view_faq.php?faqId=1

This electronic mail message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
This message, together with any attachment, may contain Solutia confidential and privileged information.
The recipient is hereby put on notice to treat the information as confidential and privileged and to not disclose or use the information except as authorized by Solutia.
Any unauthorized review, printing, retention, copying, disclosure, distribution, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please immediately contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of the material from any computer.  Thank you for your cooperation.