[mythtv-users] LIRC configuration under KnoppMyth for new set top box

Jeff C myth at express.tc
Mon Jul 26 17:25:24 EDT 2004

Hello All,

I have an operational Myth system with a PVR 250 and its IR remote driven
off the PVR card using LIRC.

It is a KnoppMyth Install.

I just had an electronics savvy friend build me the simple serial
transmitter and receiver (in the same unit) found on the lirc website.

What I'm wondering is if there is an easy way to configure it on my
KnoppMyth install to teach it the set top box remote codes and then have it
transmit.  I'm worried about digging in to an lirc build on the box and
mucking up my production system - which would not amuse my wife.

How straight forward is it to teach lirc new IR codes for a set top and then
have it send them?  Anyone done this lately?

Thanks,

-Jeff