[mythtv-users] Feature Request: ALSA output

Daniel Savard dsavard at cids.ca
Mon Jul 26 02:04:26 EDT 2004

Le dim 25/07/2004 à 16:38, David George a écrit :
> Schlomo Schapiro wrote:
>
> >well, but this just uses the ALSA OSS kernel emulation via /dev/dsp. I am
> >asking about native ALSA support. In the GUI there is also no place to
> >specify the ALSA device, only which /dev/dsp to use (same for mixer).
> >

> Use the keyword ALSA: with the output device after it.  For example
> ALSA:spdif.  Make sure that ALSA is all capital letters.  This has come
> up before in the archives.

Anyone can update the HowTos with this? I haven't tested it myself, but
it's about a week I am struggling with the audio system to make it
working properly using the spdif interface.

Searching Google has never raised any of the threads in the archives
and, as far as I know, there is no search engine for the archives. So,
it's somewhat difficult to search them.