[mythtv-users] TV Out quality problems (nvidia)

Ville Vehvilainen buddha at cs.tut.fi
Sun Jul 25 17:12:15 EDT 2004

On 25 Jul 2004, Michael Wright wrote:

> I would say that the motion issue is not impossible to fully solve.  In
> fact I posted an "in-principle" solution using MPlayer to demonstrate.
> See the following.  The solution is to use OpenGL VSYNC and Bob
> de-interlacing.
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/74698

Yes, this approach would be _the_ way to do it.

Since I cannot code in C++ to save my life, I can't offer anything more
than encouragement - if you or others manage to get this type of solution
integrated into Myth you'll certainly make me and many other people very
happy :)

--
Ville Vehviläinen <buddha at cs.tut.fi> Tel. +358 40 8491076