[mythtv-users] Slight improvement w/ audio buffer overflows

Adam Felson adamf123us at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 12:17:15 EDT 2004

A while ago I downloaded and installed thac's mandrake kernel with
low latency and kernel preemption patches.
(
http://rpm.nyvalls.se/9.2/RPMS/kernel-multimedia-2.4.22.28mm.2mdk-1-1thac.i586.rpm
)

A couple of days ago I did a 'make xconfig' on my mythbox's kernel to
see if I'd missed any options and found that I'd somehow forgotten to
enable kernel preemption.

I enabled it, rebuilt the kernel, and now I get the "ran out of
audio buffers" errors about 1/10th as often.

It's still not fixed, but this is an improvement.

=====
Please reply to a.f.5 at pobox.com