[mythtv-users] Mythtv and ASUS 7133 tv tuner card

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 24 11:44:07 EDT 2004

I am trying to get my MythTV working with an ASUS 7133
tv tuner card using FC1, nvidia mx440 video card and
saa7134 drivers. TV quality is excellent and I can
watch tv just fine using xawtv. However there are a
couple of problems with MythTV that I need some help
with:

1. No sound in MythTV. I have connected a sound cable
from the tuner card sound-out 3-pin connector to the
AUX pin on the motherboard. I suspect that this could
be the culprit in MythTV. When watching tv in Mythtv,
I get some scratchy sound - its loudness slowly
increases until I get out of tv viewing. I don't think
I can connect an external connector to the Line-in of
the onboard sound of the motherboard.

2. I cannot get the tv signal in MythTV if the backend
is started as a service during boot up. It works
however if I start mythbackend manually or restart the
backend server.

Any help or suggestion will be highly appreciated.