[mythtv-users] Re: State of IvyTV Fedora Core 2 Support?

Joe japher at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 04:04:00 EDT 2004

>What do you mean by "if even that fixes the problems completely"? Are
>you referring to something in that thread, because I didn't see any
>resolutions in the thread.

sorry, i linked to the wrong thread :) i actually meant this one:
http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4961&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=fedora

>Anyway, go for it. My only advice is to use a vanilla kernel.org 2.6.7
>kernel with 8k stacks. Especially if you use Jarod's guide and put your
>video on an XFS partition.

would using this vanilla kernel actually have any effect on the os?
(other than making ivtv work!). i suppose i don't really understand why
fedora developers (and users for that matter) are using a kernel with 4k
stacks when it has caused so many problems. since the 2.6 kernels on
kernel.org have 8k, is this 4k idea unique to fedora? (if so, it doesnt
seem like the greatest idea). i'm not using an xfs partition btw (at
least not yet).

also, will things on my (like my nvidia graphics driver) system stop
working once i install a new kernel (since they were compiled with the
old one)?