[mythtv-users] brightness, sat. & contrast problems in 0.15 going from Live TV -> recording

john lawler mythtv-users at tgice.com
Fri Jul 23 18:29:28 EDT 2004

Stephen Atkins wrote:
> I've been trying to get myth going on my gentoo system for over a week now with
> little success.  My problems stem from sata and ivtv problems.  In other words
> sata is not stable for my SiL3512A in 2.6 kernels and ivtv (0.1.9) isn't stable
> in 2.4.26 for some reason (mythbackend crashes and the driver takes the rest of
> the machine with it).  My only problem with the recording seems to be every 15
> to 20 mins I get a flash of a frame that shouldn't be there.  It's not a big
> problem just a annoyance.
>
> Stephen

Don't know if this might help you, but if I were to run 2.4 with Gentoo
(and the only reason I started down the 2.6 path is b/c that Gentoo
guide I mentioned described that method), I'd try the advice in response
to another one of my posts this spring, found here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/60760?do=post_view_threaded#60760

This guy mentions trying a 2.4.20 kernel, since the 2.4.22 one had some
broken i2c support or something.

The problem you describe sounds roughly like what I was having the first
time I tried Gentoo (with 2.4.22).

Good luck.

JL