[mythtv-users] Nvidia FX 5200 Personal Cinema and Mythtv

Josh Burks jburks at mktinsights.com
Fri Jul 23 16:29:57 EDT 2004

After some quick research, Video4Linux (v4l) supports the SAA7133/34
tuner chip (http://linux.bytesex.org/v4l2/drivers.html), and according
to the site it's built-in the 2.6.x family of kernels.

Found this site, with actual close-ups of the card. Appears that the
chip is actually a Philips 7174. Similar/same as SAA7133/34??
http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/msi-8918/

Also, it appears that eVga carries a nice assortment of the Nvidia
Personal Cinema. Their specs claim that the chip is a Philips SAA7133/34.
http://evga.com/products/prod_list.asp?switch=1&family=Personal+Cinema+Family

In theory, linux does support this card...

Now, would that RF remote be a problem...?

Josh Burks