[mythtv-users] Problem scanning for game roms in MythGame

Kaushik Mallick kmallick2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 11:29:01 EDT 2004

This is the nth MythTV box I am trying to setup.
Setting up MythGame in the past has always gone
without a hitch. I follow Jarod's guide and this link:
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MythGameHowTo

As usual I have put a few roms in my
/video/games/xmame/roms directory that has always
worked in MythGame in the past. However this
particular setup cannot seem to find the games when
asked to scan for them. I have installed the latest
xmame and MythGame thru apt-get.

Usually, in MythGame screen, I find the top level menu
on the left pane to be 'All Games' with xmame, year,
genre,games listed under it in that order. In the
current machine, I have first gone through the Main
Settings in Setup several times. In MythTV main menu
when I select Game, it tries to scan without success
and drops me down to the MythGame screen where the top
level menu (shown on the left hand side) says 'Game
Root'. On the right pane it says 'All Games'. But
there are no entries in 'All Games' at all. What am I
doing wrong?