[mythtv-users] Can mythtv handle two dumb capture cards?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jul 22 15:05:46 EDT 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 02:38 pm, Maarten wrote:
> On Thursday 22 July 2004 20:03, Isaac Richards wrote:
> >
> > Stuff in contrib/ is just that -- contributed non-official stuff that may
> > or may not be broken, but may be useful to some users.  The docs tell you
> > to run mythbackend from a console, and the default level of verbosity and
> > default actions of the command line args reflect that.
>
> Djeeez louise...  I just pointed out some little thing, no need to spin it
> into a whole tediously long thread...!

I took offense to your shitty attitude, else I wouldn't have bothered
responding at all.  But since you insist...

> But, since we're here now, and since we obviously are both too stubborn to
> admit to anything, let me quote you directly from your own official docs,
> although I fear this is gonna get real repetitive over time:

> From:  Chapter   21.11 Automatically starting mythbackend at system boot
> time

Section 21 is additional optional configuration.  You've cut out the
'contributed by' attributions who, coincidentally, aren't developers.  The
docs on how to run mythbackend are in section 9.2.

Why would necessary instructions (how to run mythbackend) be way at the end of
the docs in section 21, 'Miscellaneous'?  That just doesn't make sense at
all.

Isaac