[mythtv-users] Can mythtv handle two dumb capture cards?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Thu Jul 22 11:47:26 EDT 2004

Maarten wrote:

>On Thursday 22 July 2004 15:38, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
>

>>Myth Doesn't *log* anything it simply prints to stdout / stderr.   If
>>you're logging that sort of thing, and your disk / system can't keep up
>>then that's a separate issue.    If Myth didn't report errors people
>>would be complaining that they weren't given enough information.
>>

>That is, at the very least, a very misleading statement.  If not plain untrue.

Not at all.

>While it is correct that mythbackend does not log per se, one look at the
>included runlevel start script will confirm that mythbackend WILL log :

You mean the one in the "contrib" directory?  (You know "contrib"
that's the section for user contributed scripts and what not)

>  daemon --user ${MBE_USER} ${MBE_LOCATION}${MBE_PROG} -d -l ${MBE_LOGFILE}
>
>So unless you disable this logging by altering the default included start
>script, mythbackend will log everything, despite what you're saying.

Fist mythbackend doesn't log anything, this init script redirects myths
output to a file. Second, I'd certainly hope that people DO edit that
file instead of blindly using defaults.  Lastly, that script doesn't
even work for quite a few folks as it adds even more dependencies.