[mythtv-users] Re: Can mythtv handle two dumb capture cards?

Adam Felson a.f.5 at pobox.com
Wed Jul 21 20:48:57 EDT 2004

bob at smalltime posted on Jul 21, 2004, 7:43 AM:
>If you're running an Athlon 3000 then you most certainly have enough
>CPU to perform two simultaneous dumb captures unless there's something
>seriously wrong with your system.

>Do you in fact see mythbackend sucking up all the CPU time when you're
>doing two captures?

No.  Cpu useage never goes over 65%.  However somebody else posted that
doing anything compute intensive could cause buffering errors and I was
wondering if a second capture process could do the same.

My latest and greatest attempt is w/ mythbackend running as root.  It
seems to use 'nice -10' for the capture processes.  I've already seen
one "ran out of free audio buffers" error message, so I'm not terribly
confident it'll help at all.

--
Adam Felson <a.f.5 at pobox.com>