[mythtv-users] Re: Can mythtv handle two dumb capture cards?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Jul 21 12:07:32 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 10:39:32AM -0500, Shay - MythTV wrote:

> I have 2 pvr 250s running on my system and it's only got a 1.33
> cpu..  sounds like you have a software problem somewhere..

I don't think a PVR250 counts as a "dumb" capture card, since
the MPEG-2 encoding is done on the card rather than by the host
CPU.  Capturing and encoding using a bt878 is going to require
a couple orders of magnatude more CPU time than with a '250.
IOW, there's no point in comparing a system with two '250s and
a system with two bt878s.

--
Grant Edwards
grante at visi.com