[mythtv-users] HDMI

Buechler, Mark R Mark_R_Buechler at bausch.com
Tue Jul 20 19:33:55 EDT 2004

I did a whole lot of research before I purchased my HDTV (Sony projection)
which had DVI-HD in. I didn't find anything conclusive but after I just
simply tried I found it to work. I tested against an ATI (9600SE) card as
well as an Nvidia (5600LE) card. I would imagine DVI-HD will fall back to
standard DVI if the device is a display device only, but wouldn't if it's a
recording device.

Hope that helps.

- Mark.