[mythtv-users] MythAM ??

Tim Tait t.tait at comcast.net
Tue Jul 20 14:40:22 EDT 2004

Cecil Watson wrote:

> Cecil
>
> Dex West wrote:
>
>> I am an AM radio junkie, so I was wondering if anyone knows of any
>> hardware/software that will
>> allow me to record AM talk shows at a certain time and then listen to
>> them later?
>>

> I don't think you'll find any tuner card w/ AM as it interferes with
> some computer equipment.
>
> Cecil

There are a number of computer-controlled SW/AM receivers. The ICOM
PCR100/PCR1000 springs to mind, as well as WinRadio. I own a PCR1000, it
works quite well for AM as long as you don't put the antenna real close
to the PC. For weak signal stuff you will need a remote antenna. Control
is via a simple serial protocol. I don't have any software for it that
allows you to schedule, but I guess it could be integrated into myth.
Does Zap2it carry AM programming info?

Tim