[mythtv-users] Bugs in MythVideo?

Xavier Hervy maxpower44 at tiscali.fr
Tue Jul 20 04:02:46 EDT 2004

Isaac Richards wrote:

> On Monday 19 July 2004 01:50 pm, Xavier Hervy wrote:
>
>>Yes i know ;-)
>>but If i want that mythvideo works correctly, i should :
>>- don't use QString::fromUtf8 to extracting data from database
>>or
>>- encode two times in utf8 before adding to database.
>>
>>Don't know why.
>

> I won't be applying any patch that's so obviously broken.
>
> Isaac

hi Isaac,
If i made a patch that use a VideoDontuseUtf8 flag to 0 by default. and
if it was set to 1, data will not be convert from Utf8.
Any chance to see it apply ? that will fix accent problem for a lot of
people without breaking utf8 stuff for people that don't set explicitly
VideoDontuseUtf8 flag to 1.

Xavier