[mythtv-users] myth web errors

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Mon Jul 19 01:34:28 EDT 2004

Op maandag 19 juli 2004 05:58, schreef Bryan Halter:
> When I click on the backend status link in MythWeb I get the following
> errors:
>
> Warning at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/status.php, line 20:
> readfile(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration

> Warning at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythweb/status.php, line 20:
> readfile(http://192.168.3.2:6544): failed to open stream: no suitable
> wrapper could be found
>
> I'm running Gentoo with MythTV .15 with Apache2 and PHP 4.3.8.
>
> What did I misconfigure?

The other replies are also 'correct', but this is how to fix it and how to
found it. Go to google and enter the error string -> "URL file-access is
disabled in the server configuration". You see you will only get pages from
'broken' servers, not good. Well, switch to Google groups, on the top of the
page. Now find go your answer :-)

Anyways, this is what I found. First look at the output of phpinfo. If it says
"safe_mode is Off" Try adding a "allow_url_fopen = On" in php.ini, or
ini_set('allow_url_fopen', '1'); on top of the script in question.

If safe_mode on you might need to disable safe_mode (in php.ini) to get it
work.

Another helpfull pointer:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.filesystem.php#ini.allow-url-fopen

	Henk Poley <><