[mythtv-users] HDTV Problem - @#&%

Shay - MythTV mythtv at highstyleweb.com
Sun Jul 18 20:08:21 EDT 2004

I've got a Toshiba 57", model 57H81, that I'm trying to get Component Video
to work with.  I have the VGA->Component Adaptor to facilitate this.  I've
been going the route that Jarod outlined with PowerStrip.  I found
resolution that would work on the TV via Component, copied it into my
XF86Config and restarted GNome.  Nothing.  It doesn't show up.  The only
time I ever see anything is when I'm not in a window environment like
Gnome.. as soon as it starts up Gnome I see nothing.

Please Help.  Here is the related sections of my XF86Config.

Section "Monitor"
         Identifier   "Monitor0"
         VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
         ModelName    "ViewSonic A70"
         DisplaySize  320        240
         HorizSync    31.5 - 37.9
         VertRefresh  59.9 - 60.1
         Modeline "920x500" 39.996 920 1024 1104 1184 500 518 519 563
+hsync +vsync
EndSection

Section "Device"

         # TV Out Setup
         Identifier  "Videocard0"
         Driver      "nvidia"
         VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
         BoardName   "NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX (generic)"
         Option      "TVStandard" "NTSC-M"
         Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
          Option      "TVOverScan" "0.6"
EndSection