[mythtv-users] irxevent doesn't work when invoked from blackbox session file.

Will Dormann wd at pobox.com
Sun Jul 18 14:59:27 EDT 2004

I currently have a blackbox session file that looks like this:

	/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend &
	/usr/local/bin/irxevent &
	/usr/bin/blackbox

When I boot up my MythTV machine, the remote doesn't work.   I'm using
an X10 Lola, FWIW.

I can see that irxevent is running, but it's not responding to the
remote.   If I do a "killall irxevent" and then run irxevent again, the
remote works just fine.

Anybody know how to get irxevent to start automatically?   I rarely ever
reboot my MythTV machine, but that's one thing that's keeping it from
being fully automatic from power-on to MythTV goodness.

thanks
-WD