[mythtv-users] MythMusic -how do you organize your music?

ian at duckland.org ian at duckland.org
Fri Jul 16 21:54:27 EDT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, BP wrote:

> Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> I switched to Grip as all I had to do was insert a CD, wait until the CD
> got ejected (sometimes over an hour due to scratches and paranoia being
> enabled), then put another in.  Never had to look at the screen and
> could go on watching tv, reading, cooking, eating, whatever whilst the
> ripping took place.  The result was not monitoring the tag data during
> the process and having lots of bad tag data.

That's what I did before I built my myth box.  Then I built said myth box,
and didn't have any CDs left to rip - until I suffered hard drive
corruption due to a FreeBSD->Linux migration.  (Grrr...) So I had to
re-rip A-L of my CDs.  I tried myth, but I found running 4 boxes with Grip
to be much faster for me.  Like you said, insert, wait for eject, put in
next CD.  Just had to make sure that all of the ripping boxes the same
settings for filename conventions, etc...

Once that was done, brought it all back into Myth, and watched for bad
tags.  I then used EasyTag to fix the crapped-out ones...

	-I