[mythtv-users] TV Out quality problems (nvidia)

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Jul 16 15:48:18 EDT 2004

Hi Brian and thanks for the help,

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 05:02:46PM +0200, huffman at graze.net wrote:
> > First, on color.  The picture on the TV appears washed-out -- not enough
>
> I believe there are kernel filters that can be used for this although I'm not
> sure what they are.  Either scan this list or scan the nvidia forum (can get
> there from www.nvidia.com and go to the linux downloads page - it's on the
> left).  I think it was called "adjust" something.  I don't have this problem, so
> I haven't actually used the filter.

I searched through the kernel module source and couldn't find anything
there.  On the forum, I found three dated posts with my problem:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=54762

The newer nvidia-settings does have a saturation adjustment, but it
doesn't help in my case because the reds are already too strong and the
other colors too weak.

> You are not the only one in this boat unfortunately.  :-(  And I have yet to
> find a setup that resolves it.  My only hopes currently lie w/ the CVS version
> of myth and the sync patches that Doug Larrick is working on.

OK.  That's good to know (both that I'm not doing something wrong and
that there will be a fix!)

-- John