[mythtv-users] New here.. with problems

Zor zor at avataur.com
Fri Jul 16 00:19:35 EDT 2004

Im rather new to linux, though iv been messing with it for several years.

I got mythtv running - half way.

Im not on my linux computer at the moment so i wont post the exact error messages right now..

1st error.. when i start up anything myth i get session managment error.. protocal is supported but authrization failed.

2rd .. no sound. I have no clue where to start on this problem, tvtime has the same problem. Im useing a old 3dfx VoodooTv 200/FM

3rd .. video problems. When i first started mythtv it seemed to fail to fully grab the tuner.. showing all fuzz... changeing the channel did not change the channel as far as i could tell.

I shutdown the frontend, lunched tvtime.. shutdown tvtime.. started frontend.. and the tv is tuned .. and appears to be changeing channels but i cant really tell because the brightness is about 0 the hole screen looks like shadows.