[mythtv-users] Tip: Remote via PS/2 connector, no soldering needed :-)

Dex West dexwest at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 14:47:07 EDT 2004

--- Henk Poley <hpoley at dds.nl> wrote:
> Op dinsdag 13 juli 2004 15:39, schreef John Goerzen:
> > On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 06:29:15PM -0500, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> > > John Goerzen wrote:
> > >
> > > I received my keyboard today and it works great.  Have you tried at all
> > > to get the multimedia keys working?
> >
> > No, I haven't; I typically completely ignore those keys on any keyboard.
> > However, I have thought about it, since it would be cool to have them
> > going for MythTV.  I suspect there is a HOWTO out there someplace, but I
> > don't know where.
>
> Should be simple ( I think.. )
>
> If you are lucky MythTV already recieves keypresses like K_RECORD, and you
> only need to add them to MythTV so they are recognised. Mplayer/Xine idem.
>
> On bytesex.org there's some package (kbd..something) that can read those
> keypresses, and even tell the kernel how to translate them (the other
> solution... K_RECORD becomes 'R').
>
> 	Henk Poley <><

I received my yesterday and the keyboard part works great, but the mouse pointer seems to flood
the system with erroneous messages.  Generally the cursor disappears to the lower left corner or
it causes application menu or other menus to popup.

Did you have to install any different drivers or change anything after plugging in the keyboard?

p.s. I’m using the LOLA remote on the system although not positive but I would assume the wireless
keyboard will not interfere with the remote.