[mythtv-users] Nvidia TVout problem

Trevor Hill fweebles at callete.com
Thu Jul 15 13:53:45 EDT 2004

Thomas Börkel wrote:

> HI!
> Trevor Hill wrote:
>> Heh....you'll never believe the solution to this one.
>> Change ColorDepth from 24 to 16.  Everything works.
>> o.O
>> Not complaining though.  Works awesome now.
> What exactly did this fix?
> Thomas

I was having odd issues described earlier in this thread (article at
http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/76197#76534)* *involving
the menus being corrupted after running LiveTV mode.  I talked to my
brother and he reminded me that some graphics cards don't get along well
with Linux when set in 24-bit colour mode, and it just "worked" after
switching back to 16.  The symptoms weren't indicative of a colour
problem at all (it looked more like a sync-ing issue at the time) but
everything seems to have resolved itself after that change.