[mythtv-users] MythMusic -how do you organize your music?

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Thu Jul 15 10:58:01 EDT 2004

----Original Message-----

And like I pointed out, most any app or shell script can see your
heirarchy (Music/90s/Hardcore/Acid_Bath/etc.).  Use samba (or NFS) and
most systems (at least all the win32, linux, and OSX boxes in my house)
can see that too.  But that point seemed to have been lost on others ;-)

Don't get me wrong, I think metadata and db's are the way to go.  I just
think it's ludicrous to take out the 'directory' feature when lots of
people might prefer keeping their files organized for things *other*
than mythmusic.

- Willy