[mythtv-users] where have my recodings gone?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 09:40:41 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 14 July 2004 19:25, maestro wrote:
> hi,
>
> i finally got my box up and runnig, i ran a test-recording of the
> simpsons today and got a 900mb nuv file in /var/lib/mythtv (where it
> should be) but mythtv doesnt display it under play-recorded programs,
> nighter did i see it in the recording menu when the recording took
> place.
>
> i guess the info about the recording in the database is stored in the
> oldrecorded table right?

No, 'oldrecorded' contains information about everything you've ever
recorded.  Information about recordings currently on your system is in
the 'recorded' table.

> any suggestions why none of my recordings show up in the menu?
> i guess its pretty useless if i cant watch my recordings?!

I'm don't know off the top of my head... I believe it's possible you've
mis-configured your network in some fashion (like the master backend IP
in mythtv-setup, maybe?).

-JAC