[mythtv-users] Help with Sound Card in /home/mythtv/.asoundrd

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 14 14:20:57 EDT 2004

J. Donavan Stanley wrote:

> mythtv at cable.megitt.com wrote:
>
>> Hi All;
>>
>> I've finally started on this project, and I am stuck.  I am not too sure
>> what to put in for the following file:
>
> Stop by the alsa website and look up your card.

Of course, you won't get much from that .asoundrc.  Check out

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/61265;#61265

and see if it helps.  I noticed in your OP you have a intel8x0, so I'm
assuming you've got an nForce2.  If so, the posted .asoundrc will be
easy to adjust for your needs.  Note, however, you need to read the post
because you may have to make some changes--depending on your hardware.

Mike