[mythtv-users] Re: New Nvidia Gforce Drivers vs XVMC (SOLVED)

Anthony Spinoza spinozacue at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 10:07:54 EDT 2004

> dean vanden heuvel wrote:
>
> > My HDTV can accept a 1920x1080i signal (via an RGB
> connection), but I
> > have not yet been able to get this mode
> successfully installed.  I
> > can drive the TV to this resolution, but it does
> not appear to be
> > interlaced. Anyone using nvidia to drive this
> resolution?

I have an Infocus X1 hooked up to an FX5200 and I have
been able to get 1080i with the latest Nvidia drivers.
I'm pretty sure the output is actually interlaced,
even though the projector is only 800x600 == 800x450
in 16:9. It took me a while playing with xvidtune to
get the picture stable because the display is
progressive, and it's scaling, so most of the time a
static screen flickers a bit.

> Look for a message from yesterday on the dev list
> "Mythtv and XvMC
> deinterlacing patch" from Daniel Thor Kristjansson.
>
> -Doug

I will take a look at that, might be fun.

-vito