[mythtv-users] Questions about EPIA M10k and PVR350

Tomas Krag tt at krag.org
Wed Jul 14 03:05:42 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have successfully installed mythtv under Mandrake 10, with support for
the mpeg decoder and TV-out on the Hauppauge 350 card. Live-TV works
really well, and that makes me very happy.

I am using mythtv 15.1 from the mandrake packages, although I need to
manually compile myth to get the pvr350 remote working with lirc, I
think.

I am now working on getting a few other things working, and have a few
questions.

1. DVD and video playback is very slow, using Xine (or mplayer for that
matter). Is there some way to speed it up?

2. I get good sound through the s-video ==> SCART cable that came with
my pvr350, I can't seem to get anything but noise if i loop back the
TV-out to audio to the line-in of my epia soundcard. Any ideas?

3. Any recommendations as to what resolution and bitrate people in PAL
Europe countries use to record LiveTV (and Low quality recordings)?

Thanks in advance for any possible hints

/Tomas